Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Book List!



As a part of my New Year’s Resolution I challenged myself to read 100 books before the end of the year. This very well may be impossible and I am pretty sure I am setting myself up for failure. The point is to challenge myself to read as many books as possible and to watch less TV.
So Today is January the 1st and I have just started reading Julie and Julia by Julia Powell. For those who have not seen the movie or read the book, I will give a brief introduction. The book is based off the experiences and blogging of New Yorker Julia Powel in 2002 while she baked/cooked her way through Julie Child’s The Art of French Cooking. The movie and the novel creates a parallel between Julia and Julie’s life. Julie, in the 1950’s, was living in France with her husband. During this time she was finding herself first as a cook and second as she writes The Art of French Cooking.
I really enjoy the movie depiction of the book. That is one of the main reasons why I decided to read it. Julia reminded me a lot of my sister. But as I read through the book I become more and more disappointed with Julia. I find she is too vulgar to be charming. But I will carry on reading and hope it gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment