Tuesday, May 3, 2011

If I were a book worm I would be an Inch worm...

So I have given you my list of music that I need to purchase, now I need to give you my need to read book list. But there is a problem I do not have one. I am a new reader. For most of my life I thought I was a slow reader therefore I didn't read. Although I am still a slow read especially compared to all my sisters, who have been readers all there life. It wasn't until I moved to a extremely small town with limited acess to any type of fun besides self made fun, did I begin to read. I have now read more in these past eight months than I have read my entire life. But I point is I have fallen in love with words again. The beauty of a beautifully contsructed sentence is my joy.
The problem I am facing now is the books I am reading. I am reading "easy" novels. I plan to read these easy novels until I build a good foundation for more difficult reading. I find these books through my older sisters library. I basicly do not have a clue of what kind of reader I am, therefore I choose books that look familiar and friendly to me. So I have recently began to read "A Walk to Remember" by Nicholas Sparks. Of course I have seen the film before I read the book. I actually believe it is my frist real 'chick flick' I watched growing up.
In order to mitigate this issue I have signed up at the Website: www.goodreads.com. This will enable me to keep track of the books I have read and CREATE and 'to read' list. This has become necessary for my well being. My only goal through all of this is to read as fast as my three older sisters....not such a lofty quest????

No comments:

Post a Comment